Forty-nine new cases of COVID-19 have been reported on Tuesday, yet another drop from the figures seen over the preceding days.
The outbreak now consists of 612 cases, the vast majority of which are in Auckland. Just 15 have been detected in Wellington, and the rest of the nation so far remains untouched by the virus.
During a post-Cabinet press conference on Monday, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced that Auckland will remain in lockdown for a futher two weeks, while the rest of New Zealand shifts to alert level 3 at 11:59pm tonight. Northland will follow suit on Thursday if wastewater samples show no traces of COVID-19.
On Tuesday morning, Ardern said the Government is doing everything it can to keep up with the surging demand for vaccinations. A delivery of Pfizer vaccines is set to arrive in October, but until then, supply will be "tight", she said - however, it's understood a potential deal is in the works to procure additional doses.
What you need to know:
Forty-nine new cases of COVID-19 were reported on Monday, bringing the outbreak to 612
Of the cases, 597 are located in Auckland and 15 in Wellington
Thirty-three people are in hospital, eight of whom are in the ICU
Everywhere south of Auckland will shift to alert level 3 at 11:59pm on Tuesday and Northland will move to level 3 on Thursday if wastewater test results come back clear
Auckland will stay at level 4 for at least another two weeks
The first death linked to the Pfizer vaccine has been recorded in New Zealand - it's understood a woman died from myocarditis, a rare side effect
Click here for the latest locations of interest - a map can also be found here.